The Parks and Recreation Board is to advise the Mayor, Municipal Council and the Director of Parks and Recreation on policies and matters relating to park, cemetery and trail maintenance; the planning and conducting of recreation activities and the development of recreation facilities; and the use, maintenance and promotion of City museums, landmarks and historic sites. The Board is to make periodic reviews of park and recreation facilities, city museums, programs and related services that are available to the public and recommend what additional facilities, programs and services may be needed. Members are appointed to a three-year term.
Board Member Qualifications
- Have an interest in the advancement of park, recreation and museum programs, services and facilities
- Have specific interest in parks, trails, forestry, golf, cemetery, museums, sports, aquatics, special events, instructional classes, teen programs, and park and recreation facilities
- Have the time to attend a monthly meeting on the fourth Thursday from noon to 1:30 pm
- Be willing to support, attend and assist with events as needed
- Ability to assess and evaluate programs, services and facilities
- Good communication skills
- Have sufficient involvement within the community to be a resource for citizen input
Current members of the Parks and Recreation Board include:
|Board Member||Term Expires|
Nominate yourself or someone else to serve on the Parks and Recreation Board by filling out the online application.